Wednesday 6 October 2010

Poster design.

On our trip looking for a photo around Burton, I spotted a group member looking at a wall with an umbrella, as seen below. I thought this was a good photo so I photographed and used it to design my poster. I begun editing the photograph by putting a high pass on the picture (>FILTER>OTHER>HIGH PASS) and then set the layer style to hard light, I then thought it would look good if I added a colour glow over the picture so I created a gradient layer using red and green and set the layer style to screen. I also added lines going in different directions at the bottom to give it depth. For the main bit I created the band logo by using a font called '215000E' I then used clippings from a mens fashion magazine and a band of brothers photo from Iraq in the clipping mask, I also stroked the text with outside black 7px, and used windows default font 'Myraid Pro' and shortened the kerning of the text which looks really good with that particular font. 'The Abbey' flyer to follow.                                                        




No comments:

Post a Comment